"There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure." - Mark Twain



Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We're Bored


I walked downstairs this afternoon and was greeted with a melancholy "We're Bored" as they were wrestling with each other. These boys have a houseful of Lego's, board games, toys, and books, plus a ping-pong table, and they are bored!?! They are not allowed to watch TV, play video games, or play on the computer until 4:30 on school days, and it is kind of wet and rainy outside today, but bored? Really???


I'm tempted to assign more chores, but they had cleaned off the kitchen table and counter just like I asked them to. I don't think I should always have to keep them entertained. Not everyday has to be Disney World (which is less than 3 weeks away, by the way). Do I just let these complaints go, or should there be a consequence? Soon we won't have this issue. All of our activities will begin again soon - weekly piano lessons, soccer, scouts, church classes, P.E. sports club. Then none of us will have time to be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment