"There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure." - Mark Twain



Sunday, August 15, 2010

School Is Back In Session

We have been back to school full time for two weeks now. So far it is going fairly smoothly and attitudes have been mostly happy and positive. We are reading some great books. Nick and Zack are reading Redwall and listening to Tom Sawyer and I just finished reading Charlotte's Web to Michael. We also had some fun talking about and writing using onomatopoeia.

I always enjoy learning along with the kids. In the past couple of weeks I have learned that cold water is heavier than hot water (that is what causes deep ocean currents). Also the reason the area where a river empties into a sea or ocean is called a delta is that where the Nile flows into the Mediterranean Sea is in the shape of an upside down triangle, the symbol for the Greek letter Delta.

I mentioned to Corey that Michael's reading has improved dramatically. Nicholas said, "Well he is dramatic." Nick is developing quite a since of sarcasm - I love it.

Nick and Zack are studying Anatomy and Health for science, and I had them brainstorm about things they wanted to learn about and things they did not. Two subjects that ended up on both lists were throwing up and how men could produce milk. I'm not sure if I should be a bit worried or just laugh at that.

Two weeks down, 34 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment