"There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure." - Mark Twain



Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Twins 11 Years Apart?

It never ceases to amaze me how many people talk about how much Luke looks like Nicholas! I mean, I see the resemblance, but I have access to all of Nick's baby pictures. If I hold Luke up next to Nick's baby pictures you can hardly tell the difference. I just find it funny how many strangers just tell us that they look just alike.

What not everyone knows is that they act just alike too! As a baby Nick wanted to be held all the time, he nursed what seemed like constantly, we could seldom lay him down without him waking up, and his temper was horrible - when he wanted something he wanted it right away. And he hated riding in the car seat. He could cry endlessly and never give up and go to sleep. Now I feel like we are reliving Nick as a baby. The only difference is that I have alot more help around with Luke. Corey works from home a lot and the other boys are old enough to help a lot.

The nice thing is that now Nick is so well behaved, helpful, and obedient! So if Luke continues to act like his oldest brother we will be very lucky in a few years.

1 comment: