"There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure." - Mark Twain



Sunday, March 13, 2011

Photo Fever


It's no secret that I love to take lots of pictures. I also like to scrapbook my photos and use them to make DVD slideshows with music. I've been working on two big picture projects this week. The first one is a DVD slideshow of our Disney photos and videos from our trip in September. I used Windows Live Movie Maker to organize everything - our Disney Photopass photos, 100's of our pictures, and lots of Flipshare videos. I ended up with a 37 minute slideshow, set to some great Disney music. We all watched it today. It was fun to relive those memories, and now we are talking about our next trip. Maybe in the new camper. We will be looking for some good deals to be announced with the rising gas prices.


My other venture is my new 365 project. I am going to take one picture every day for the next year. I started on Tuesday, so I've done 6 days so far. I take SO many pictures of the kids - birthdays, soccer games, baseball games, basketball games, piano recitals, Pinewood Derbies, vacations, holidays. I don't miss capturing any of those big moments, but I don't photograph many of the little everyday things. Our house, cars, my morning cup of coffee, doing school in our pj's. So my 365 project is going to be more for me and taking pictures of little things that are important to me. I'm excited about what this project will teach me and about learning some new photography techniques! I've got lots of ideas that I can't wait to try.

1 comment:

  1. I love movie maker! i just might steal your idea of putting our vacation photos to music too! That's a great keepsake for the kids to have.

    ReplyDelete